No Pain, No Gain

John 12:24-28

"The hour has come for the Son on Man to be glorified.  I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed.  But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will loose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
Now my heart is troubled and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour? No, It was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!" (bold added by me) 

The struggle between me and Him is great.  However the moment I release and yield to Him, the reward is much greater.  In the way a kernel dies to produces many crops, we too must first die before producing much fruit for the kingdom of God.  Jesus in the same way, felt for a moment the struggle between me and Him.  However, Jesus did not remain in that moment.  His response is one that we all should follow...."what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour? NO, it was for this very reason I came to this hour."  Wow, what a response!  

In this hour, whatever you are facing today. Know this: 1. Jesus has been where you are and has felt the same emotions you are feeling. 2. Be very encouraged in that it was for this very hour that you are here! Yield to Him today, the reward will be far greater than you can imagine.

0 comments: