Full Circle

I had the opportunity to speak in my hometown this weekend. I always enjoy those opportunities because it brings back memories and where God has brought me and how faithful He has been to me and to my family. It also keeps me grounded and reminds me where I come from. On this particular night I was a special guest to share a message and lead a few songs as well. Towards the end of the night the musical team from the church asked if I would join them. I joined them and connected with a teenager who played the guitar as well. He was eyeing up my guit and seemed really excited to be playing along side of me (a bit awkward but cool). He seemed like a really nice kid with a great heart for God. After the service was over he came up to me and said that his mom, who was in the crowd, thinks she recognizes my name and thinks that we used to be neighbors a long time ago. Turns out it was true! What a small world. That was such a cool thing. Immediately I was reminded of my past and how much God has restored. Just a really cool reminder that God is always near.

0 comments: