A Day on the Hill



Last week I spent a day on Capitol Hill. Had the opportunity to connect with Congressman Joe Pitts from PA to discuss our progression in faith-based initiatives and international relations. I was so inspired by Mr. Pitts' relational philosophy of politics/influence. Overall great guy and great respect for him. After our meeting I took a tour of the Capitol building. I am ashamed to say that it was my first time ever inside the Capitol. It was pretty cool. Lots of history, paintings, sculptures, and stone. My favorite part was sitting in the House Chamber while they were voting on a bill. I think it found it so neat because that it where they have the State of the Union Address. It is always cool to walk into a place that you have only seen on TV before. This was a great day. Made some awesome connections and felt very inspired to continue our efforts in international relations here at NCC. This week, Shell and I will get a behind the scenes tour of the White House.


The pics are from inside the humongous rotunda.

0 comments: