House Hunters cont.

I am in DC today looking at more places for rent.  I think we may have found one. It's perfect location, little small, but we can make it work.  I am overwhelmed with "D" words today.  Destiny, Danger, and Desperation.  Destiny because i am amazed at the grace of God and honor of living His dream for our lives.  Danger because I am aware of the unpredictability of the city surroundings and places of destination that we will partake this year.  However, I do not believe that God called us to live safe and comfortable lives that will hold us over until heaven.  Instead we should live dangerously, led by the Holy Spirits power.  Jesus faced grave danger, the disciples faced grave danger, followers of Christ will face danger in this journey...but Jesus says, "Be STRONG and COURAGEOUS, DO NOT BE DISMAYED, I HAVE ALREADY OVERCOME!! I want to sell out with everything and embrace whatever God has for us this year. Even if it requires a bit of danger, so be it.  And finally desperation because i am so aware of my frailty and weakness.  I am not able to accomplish this destiny in my own strength, power, talents, skills, or anything of my nature.  My only success and hope will be in the WORD of Christ and His life through me.  Be encouraged today.  God has a huge plan for your life and it begins NOW!! 


We love you guys....please keep us in your prayers...we will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks Jason. I love reading your blog and hope you continue to update it. I was feeling down about finances and then I read your blog, and think Wow! Mine is nothing compared to yours and Shelly's. Keep being inspiring...we miss you at the Uprising! Jackie Hall

Carol Dee, CZT said...

Steve and I had a real adventure yesterday. We caught the METRO in Shady Grove (1st time on public trans in 44 years) and headed to Union Station (1st time ever) for church (11:30 service). What a good day! Missed seeing you there but enjoyed the worship and message and Christian family. Do you know when and where you and Shelly will worship. We want to try the 9 AM service at Union Station next time we're on the DC shore. Praying for a smooth transition for you both as you "Chase the Wild Goose." Will surely miss you in Hebron! Carol Myers <><