Offense or Offense?

As we have been reading through the Gospel's in our year reading plan I have been encouraged in so many ways. This month especially I feel like God has given me a new perspective on offense. In one way, Jesus was always offending people when He went about teaching. His teaching was so simple yet so challenging. For those that were not ready to hear it, they got offended. But so what, right? It was the truth and in the end it changed their entire lives. I think sometimes I am way more concerned about offending people than I am at making sure the truth is exposed. I need to be more unapologetically apologetic. On the flip side Jesus taught about offense as well and how we should respond. He of all people had reason to be offended. After all, the very people he came to embrace and love, killed him. But, he was always willing to forgive because He came to this world to play offense. Jesus made it very clear that when you hold on to offense you are not playing offense. Make sense? The goal is to go into all of the world and share God's story with anyone and everyone. However, if we are worrying about who did this and who said that, we are no longer playing offense and we are missing the point. That challenges me to let go of the little things and pray though the big things. There is much work to do here and no time to stay on the fence thinking about our offense when we should be playing offense. Am I making any sense?

0 comments: