The Umbrella Effect

Psalm 119:25-32 (New Living Translation)

Daleth
 25 I lie in the dust;
      revive me by your word.
 26 I told you my plans, and you answered.
      Now teach me your decrees.
 27 Help me understand the meaning of your commandments,
      and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.
 28 I weep with sorrow;
      encourage me by your word.
 29 Keep me from lying to myself;
      give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
 30 I have chosen to be faithful;
      I have determined to live by your regulations.
 31 I cling to your laws.
      Lord, don’t let me be put to shame!
 32 I will pursue your commands,
      for you expand my understanding.


I am so grateful for God's provisions and instructions in my life. It is the safe place that enables us to have life to the full. There is a way that seems right to a man at first but it is the Lord who guides our steps. In those steps is where we find peace, purpose, and wholeness. The enemy comes ONLY to steal, kill, and destroy everything that God has ordained for us. It would serve us right to stay under the umbrella of His commands. These are not commands that keep us on a rigid list of rules under the umbrella of an authoritarian God. On the contrary, these are the commands that lead us and guide us into an abundant life under the umbrella of a graceful and loving God. I don't know about you but I want to stay under that umbrella. At times I myself try and stray out from under it, but in the end, it leads to deception, pride, depression, and isolation. If I am completely honest, that is not the type of life that I want to live. Today, remember to stay under the umbrella. If everything is going fine and you don't find your self in specific need, stay under the umbrella. If hell breaks loose and you are not sure where to run, stay under the umbrella.

0 comments: