Stop Complaining

Over the past few months I have grown to appreciate the Israelites and their journey to the Promise Land. Every time I read about it in the past I could never understand why in the world they complained all the time and wasted years upon years to get somewhere when it could have only taken just a few days. Lately I have realized that I am not far from that. I find myself complaining about my circumstances at times and focusing my energy on it rather than on the things I should be putting time and energy into. I don't know about you but I do not want to miss the blessing or the opportunity as it passes by because I was too occupied with my own selfish ambitions. Looking back over the past few months I wonder if I still could have been at my best in building relationships and pastoring if I didn't focus so much of my complaining on traffic, commuting, and housing. If I am honest, if I added all the time up of all the focused energy towards those issues it would amount for weeks of energy. I want to be aware of this in my life. I am thankful for those times of tension in my life. It's ok that not everything was perfect or ideal. God did some awesome things through me and in me during those times. I don't want to miss it! And the next time around I want to be sure that I make the best use of my focus and energy. Let's keep Him supreme and let Him worry about the details. There is lots of work to be done and we cannot afford to waste time worrying and complaining. We can learn a lot from the Israelites. What areas in your life do you find yourself complaining about rather than praying about and moving on to allow God to care for your needs? What is taking up most of your time during the day? Let's be thankful for the hear and now and allow God to work through us today and let tomorrow worry about itself.

0 comments: