The Bookshelf

When I was younger I never liked to read. The bookshelf was something I stayed away from and was afraid of. Now, I embrace the bookshelf. In fact, its the centerpiece of the room. As I have progressed in years I have developed such a love for books. You have heard it before, reading is knowledge and knowledge is power. It is so true. I feel like I am gaining multiple degrees and vicariously gaining lots of life experiences through reading books. Just for personal preference I never read fiction, always non-fiction. Not sure exactly why. I would just rather give my time to factual and tangible information. Must be my personality type:) In case you care, here is what I am currently reading:

Parenting Beyond Your Capacity- Joiner/Nieuwhof
Adopted for Life- Moore
The Measure of a Man- Getz
Reclaiming Adoption- Cruver
The Shaping of a Christian Family- Elliot
Switch- Heath

0 comments: