Marginal Living

In an effort to digest a couple of meetings today i wanted to write down some thoughts i am chewing on. The topic is marginal living. The idea of making sure that you are keeping the important things supreme in your life. All of us have a drive inside to make a long lasting difference in our world, and our surroundings. That is why we find ourselves at times staying long hours after work or missing a few of our kids sporting games or even perhaps forgetting an appointment with a friend of loved one. You get my point i think. Now hear me, i am not saying that we don't work hard and take our jobs seriously, don't steer down that road. In your vocation or job responsibility, as good as you think you are, even though you are indeed valuable, you are replaceable. Here is what I want to suggest...there is one area and only one area in my life that I am not replaceable and I need to put forth my energy and create some margins in my life to make sure that i am the best, and that is in the area of a husband, father, brother, and son. In the words of Eminem, "you only get one shot". So do your best!! This is what pleases God.


"that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."




0 comments: