Control- The Dirty Word

For all you control freaks out there!

I love planning and I love organizing things.  One of the hardest things for me to do is to just let go and trust that it will get done.  This year has been one of the most stretching times for me.  A lot of things are left out of my control and I have to just trust God for His provision.  One of the things that we are praying for this Christmas is a house on Capitol Hill.  With both of us working on the Hill, this would enable us to be so much more effective at our places of influence.  However, nothing has come available from here to Texas:) that we can afford and at times i just don't understand.  As frustration continually sets in, i am reminded of a passage of scripture that changes my perspective and I learn to let go of the control. I will break it down for you in an effort to make it more tangible. Read each sentence slowly and meditate on it.

Be still and know that I am God  
Be still and know that I am
Be still and know
Be still
Be

So, whatever situation you are facing this Christmas Season, be encouraged and know that God is in control. He is your vindicator.  He is the One that has the power to change the history of your life or someone else's life in just one instance.  Just be still and believe. Meditate on his Word this Christmas Season and just enjoy being His child.

0 comments: