Unforgettable

It was just about a year ago today that Shelly and I put out house up for rent, I quit my job, Shelly transferred offices, and we moved to the DC Metro area as missionaries to team with NCC for one year to impact the marketplace community with the hope of the Gospel. I can remember like it was yesterday, driving over the bridge in the Uhaul, leaving behind everything that was comfortable and familiar. With all the overwhelming emotions and the anxiety waiting to rush through the door of my mind, there was one thing that I am forever grateful for...we were not going at this alone. Throughout this entire year we had 10 families that faithfully and sacrificially gave to us as provision for all of our daily/monthly needs. Plus many more that gave throughout the year to help keep the ministry happening. This was a new method of provision for me. It taught me so many things that I will never forget and have made me a better person because of it. The two major things it has taught me is that trusting in God is more than just saying it from your lips or knowing it in your head. Trusting God is walking forward when you don't see the ground. It puts faith in action! The second thing is that none of us can do this thing alone. We need each other. This year we have shared life with so many. People are the prize. People are what matters to God. This year I have truly learned that. It has been such a great experience sharing life with others and joining in on the up and downs of life. I would not trade it for anything. I wish there were enough letters in the alphabet to use to express my love and gratitude for all those who gave this year. Each person went beyond the letter and realized a great opportunity was at hand. And for that I am eternally grateful. We could not have done this with you!! Thank you so much for everything!! Here is to a great year!!!

0 comments: