Weekend Reflections

This past weekend packed full of very moments. Saturday night I joined the team at Ebenezers to lead worship. I had such a great time with those guys. The environment and vibe at Ebz is just awesome. The sound is pretty much the best of all of our locations too so it's always a blast to jam out there. Then Sunday morning I spoke at Georgetown. I loved having that opportunity to share the Word with our congregation. It was my first time back in the preaching mix since I had my surgery. Such a cool moment to be able to articulate what God has been doing inside of me over the past few months. Then Sunday night we had our baptism celebration at Sandy Point right next to the Bay Bridge. That was a great time of hanging out and celebrating what God is doing in others lives. I was so proud of Shelly. She had the privilege of baptizing one of her girlfriends. What a cool moment. One thing that was especially cool. After this packed filled weekend I was not tired or exhausted when most times I am ready to just crash. When you are able to participate in the things that God has gifted you to do, it ends up being more refreshing then exhausting. Leading music and teaching/speaking are the two main things that I feel like God has wired me to do. I made a commitment to myself this weekend. I need to do more of the things that God has directly called me to and learn to delegate the rest. It's the moments and experiences that we have with others that cultivate our lives. I want to be a part of those moments with others. I don't want to miss any moments due to being exhausted because I failed to be a good steward of my time.

0 comments: