Why Worry?

As my surgery has been approaching I have been faced with the temptation to worry. Divinely enough, my particular reading topics this week have been related to worry vs. trusting. It seems that trusting is far more relaxing and energizing then worry. I even came across a great definition for worry in my readings from the Christian Atheist, "worry is the sin of distrusting the promises and the power of God." Wow! So quite honestly worry is a sin. When you worry your perspective of God is false. You minimize His power and His truth. When you put it that way it seems preposterous to worry, right. Who am I to take the reign from the creator of all things and profess, by worrying, that He is in fact NOT able. Ouch! I do not want any part of that. However, when you and I worry, that is exactly what we are doing. Be encouraged by this scripture today and know that worrying will accomplish absolutely nothing. Trusting in Him is way better use of your life and energy.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - 13No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

great message! It seems like this whole surgery is God's way of ridding you of some irrational fears like needles, hospitals, etc... I am so proud of you and inspired by your walk of faith. Beginning that ordeal on my own right now with this move to Long Island. Feeling a bit like Sarah and Abraham, picking up our tent and moving without very many details, just keeping our eyes on Him. Had a chance to allow worry to attack me and today and I chose to ignore it and trust in God. Baby steps, but at least their steps forward.