What Now?

Now that the elections are over and we have a new President Elect, what now?  What is your response to the election, especially if the one you voted for is not the President Elect? I want to encourage you that there is no authority except that which God has established, so it is good for us to submit to the authorities in place.  So it is right then to honor God by submitting to authorities and praying for those in authority even if you may or may not agree with them.  That may be hard to swallow for some but it is honorable and pleasing to God.  

In the past few weeks God has been tugging at my heart on the issue of investing in the government with my prayer life.  Lately i cannot say that it has been on my radar as a priority of prayer.  But now, more than ever, it will be.  My motivation is not so much as a result of agreeing or  disagreeing with the governing authorities but my motivation is the fact that my/our hope is not found in those governing authorities.  On the contrary, my/our hope is found in God alone.  He is the One who is sovereign and ruler of the nations.  
So what now?  We can be confident in this, that He who began a good work in us, will bring it to completion.  He is the One who brings change and hope for the nations.  And the best part of it all, He includes us in it.  That is right, you can be vessels of change for your community, family, economy, nation.  It is not time for the church, the followers of Christ, to pick up what we once dropped and left to the government to fix.  It is time to be the change for our communities. You and I are then hands of feet of Christ.  You and I, the church, are the hope of the world.  So let's start acting like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to Mark's message from this past weekend.... very powerful. I agree with you about making prayer for our government a constant and continual focus. Hope to see you soon. Love to you and Shelly.

J.Yost said...

yeah...i thought it was a great way to put this next 4 years in perspective. It has created some good momentum. yeah come visit anytime, you know were we are, just a short trek across the bridge:)